Verb Ballets is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our students, families and employees. In light of recent news regarding COVID-19 (more commonly known as the Coronavirus) being present in the Northeast Ohio community, we want to share with you the steps we are taking to keep everyone safe. Our staff has met and will use proactive strategies in all of our spaces as necessary. Verb Ballets will continuously monitor and follow the Center for Disease Control, World Health Organization and the Cuyahoga County Department of Health guidelines.
Our Action Plan in the interest of public health and safety:
- Dance For Everyone classes will be cancelled March 16-March 29 at least. (updated March 15, 2020)
- At this time we will be cancelling Dance for Youth classes through April 3, 2020. (updated March 12, 2020)
- The Cleveland Havana Ballet Project presentation on Friday, March 13th will proceed.
- The Cleveland Havana Ballet Project performance on Sunday, March 15th is postponed. (updated March 13, 2020)
- Spring Gala scheduled for April 3, 2020 has been cancelled. (updated March 20, 2020)
- NEOSonicFest previously scheduled April 4, 2020 is postponed until the fall. (updated March 20, 2020)
- Cleveland Public Theatre DanceWorks 2020 with Verb Ballets scheduled on April 23-25, 2020 has been cancelled. (updated March 20, 2020)
- All Community Engagement and Education activities are cancelled or postponed to dates that will be announced later.(updated March 20, 2020)
- Enhanced environment cleaning procedures have been implemented in all studios and hand sanitation stations will be added shortly.
- Barres wiped down at the beginning of each class.
- Those students who express feeling ill while in class will be asked to call home so they may leave early or asked to return home.
What you can do to help you stay healthy:
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol-based sanitizer can be used if soap and water are not available.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with your arm or with a tissue, throwing the tissue away.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Verb Ballets Staff